We started today with a nice probability problem. Remember:
- The AP exam often starts probability questions with a straightforward normal question.
- You need the answer in part b for part c. If you can't solve b, just make a (reasonable) answer so you can still do part c.
- Make sure to show lots of work. Label the mean, sd, n, p, etc...
We also discussed blocking. More on blocking later this week. Blocks are groups that are homogeneous with respect to the response variable (in this case: productivity). Then from the blocks you sort randomly and evenly to the treatments.
- The blocks reduce the variability.
- The randomization reduces the bias.