Well, so much for waiting.  Mike made a phone call or two and and the pediatric oncologist (Dr. Bedros) talked to the pathologist.  We saw Dr. Bedros tonight.

Blake has an osteogenic sarcoma.  This is a type of bone cancer.  He will undergo some tests tomorrow.  Most importantly, they will do a chest CT to make sure the cancer hasn't moved there.  If it hasn't, this cancer has a 90% cure rate!

Monday morning he will be admitted for 3 to 4 days of chemotherapy.  He will get chemo for the next four months.  Then they will operate and remove what's left.  Followed by some more chemo.

In about a month, he joins me in the hair-free club.  :-]